Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Christmas gifts - Chipboard letters

We are back from our Christmas holidays and are now into the second week of school so I am starting to get back into routine and catch my breath! We had a great time visiting our families in Alberta for 16 days  - the kids loved being on the farms and helping with chores, tobogganing behind the quad and Nathan and Daniel even went snowboarding/skiing one day with aunts and uncles!

I thought I'd post a short series highlighting some of the Christmas gifts I made this year - I remembered to take pictures before I gave the gifts! I didn't start early enough to make anything big or too detailed but I think they were appreciated anyways.

I covered these two 8 inch tall chipboard letters for my two newest nieces for Christmas. I have made ones for my three kids plus all the other cousins but hadn't gotten around to making Kaytrianna (one year old)  and Renee (9 months old) their own letter to hang on their door or in their room yet! The hardest part of this project is finding the letters! They are discontinued by Making Memories and I can only find them through eBay or some online scrapbook stores that still have them in stock. 

I trace and trim the paper, cutting it a little bigger than the shape. I use Mod Podge to adhere the paper and then trim and sand the edges smooth. I sponge the edges with ink, tie on the ribbon and add their name!


 
Products: CTMH paper, ribbon, brads and alphabet stamp"The Works"

Products: CTMH Cherry-O paper, ribbon, brads, and Making Memories rub-ons

1 comment: