Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Scrapbook layout: Liquid Applique

I made this page for my Artists at Heart team training in June to showcase three different ways to use Liquid Applique! I wish you could feel the blue quarter circle - it has an amazing suede feel. We mixed blue re-inker with liquid applique and brayered it over the circle. After heating it right away you get the faux suede feel!

Also the two stars were stamped with liquid applique mixed with Sunny Yellow re-inker. When you stamp with liquid applique, mix the re-inker with it and then ink your stamp up with the mixture. It is best to use a stamp without too much fine detail. Heat it right away and you get a textured image! We stamped on White Daisy cardstock and cut out the images.

In the top right corner I used straight liquid applique and left it over night before heating it with an embossing heat gun to show how puffy it gets when left a long time to dry.


I used this page as the title page for my 2009 album - which is almost done thanks to Studio J! Let me know what you think. Any other ideas for using liquid applique?

No comments:

Post a Comment