Pages

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Scrapbook layout - Holly

CTMH Paper: Cherry-O paper pack
CTMH Embellishments: Big Pinks flowers, Chocolate polka dot ribbon, Opaque Pearls, chocolate brads
Other: Making Memories rub-ons, unknown metal tags

I made time to scrapbook this week and finally scrapbooked my niece's birth from two years ago! I have to admit it was a fast page though because I used one of my Progressive Pages layouts from this summer. When I looked at Holly's baby pictures I knew that this layout would be perfect for them. When I ran my scrapbook classes in August (just before we moved!) we made Progressive Pages and I sat down with my group to play too!

If you have never heard of Progressive Pages, it is a fun scrapbooking game. You need a group of scrapbookers and everyone picks their own patterned paper and cardstock. Then everyone passes their selections to the left (or right!). That person then adheres one of the patterns to your pages anyway they like. The papers are passed again and another step is done (i.e. add photo mats, add title space, add journaling space, add embellishments etc.) Once your paper has gone around the group once (or twice depending on how many women there are) you have a completed layout just waiting for you to add your pictures! I have played the game with my scrapbook clubs once or twice a year for the last 3 years and everyone has a great time. It can be a little scary working on other pages but once you get in the groove it is a lot of fun. Oh, and I should mention there is a time limit on each step - just to keep everyone moving!

I picked Sweet Leaf green as the base cardstock and chocolate for my photo mats. I picked two patterned papers from the CTMH Cherry-O paper pack and my talented scrapbook club friends did the rest! I did add the Making Memories rub-on words, Opaque pearls and little metal tags myself but that was it.

If you are interested in the instructions I have for Progressive Pages let me know and I can email them to you. I put them together years ago from a short video off the Simple Scrapbooks website.

1 comment:

  1. wonderful page, Laurie! Hope you and your family are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete