Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

As far as the East is from the West

During Pastor Paul's sermon on Hebrews 6 yesterday I was struck anew by his statement that God not only forgives our sin, he forgets our sin! "...as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us." Psalm 103: 12 Wow! As much as I knew that intellectually, I can easily forget that. I know that I am forgiven but I will replay my failures over and over again in my head (especially when I am tired and trying to fall asleep). What a great reminder that God is so great and loving that He actually chooses to forget our sin and then He chooses to remember our good work that He has created for us to do! So when I can't sleep I need to remember my sin is forgiven and forgotten and focus on what a great God I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment