Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Scrapbook tip - Liquid Glass

I have often been asked what to do with Liquid Glass! It is one of my favourite items on my desk to use. It can be used as an adhesive or as an embellishment. Liquid Glass dries completely clear so as an adhesive it is great for adhering clear buttons or other clear embellishments to my projects. I love to adhere clear buttons to patterned paper and then cut them out and have coordinating embellishments for my page or card! On these pages you can see the buttons I made to match the blues in the striped paper.

As an embellishment you can use it to highlight certain parts of a pattern, use it on stickers, make a subtle accent by squeezing drops of it in a row or around a photo. In this layout I hope you can see how each dot on the dotted paper and on the mushrooms has a drop of liquid glass on it - giving it great dimension without being overwhelming. I have also outlined a plaid pattern, used it for photo corners, outlined flowers etc. The possibilities are endless!
The biggest thing to remember is to give the Liquid Glass time to dry. Depending on how thick the application is it can take anywhere from 5 minutes to a couple of hours to dry. I apply the Liquid Glass and then set my project aside and work on something else.

If you have any questions or ways you've used Liquid Glass let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment